Send your text and images for an Akimbo, Akimbit or Web Listing in 1 email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Text Guidelines for Emails/Web Postings
- Include in body of email or as a text attachment. Do not send as PDF.
- Maximum of 1,000 words.
- Maximum of 15 hyperlinks. Embed links in content, rather than including inline. Avoid duplicate links.
- Image captions/credits must be included within your copy.
- Contact information (address, email and/or phone) must be included. We also suggest that you include your social media handles for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Please include the level of accessibility of your venue according to our definitions.
Image Guidelines for Emails/Web Postings
- Maximum 3 images (including logos)
- Please send at least one image without text overlay. The image we use in your website Homepage Listing must be free of text overlay, otherwise we may crop or substitute a stock image.
- If multiple images or logos are required in a prescribed layout, they must be provided as a single image.
- Maximum 2MB per image
– Our layout is 600 pixels wide, but larger images are encouraged. Image dimensions of approximately 2,000 pixels are great!
- All images must be included as JPG or PNG attachments.
– When saving as a JPG, ensure that the Quality is set to Very High (approximately 85 – 95) to avoid a loss in image quality.
- We cannot accept images embedded in Word documents.
– Images embedded within documents are helpful as layout guides, but they cannot be extracted effectively.
Akimbit Thumbnail Image
- In addition to the 3 posting images, you may provide a 200×200 pixel image or logo in JPG format for the Akimbit thumbnail. If no thumbnail is provided, we can create one by using an image from your content.
- Social media posts with strong visual content get more engagement than posts with only links or text. We encourage our clients to submit 2-3 well-composed, dynamic, photographs or short video clips for use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Please do not send images with overlaid text.
- For Instagram posts please refrain from sending graphics. Photographs get a better response from our audience.
- Send the social media handles of all organizations and people referenced in your post.
- Send up to 12 specific hashtags your organization uses.
- Please note: If your organization cannot provide a suitable image please let us know, we have a small collection of images available for use.
Social Media – Recommended Image Size
- Square or Landscape images with a minimum width of 1080px are preferred.
- Instagram Album: Please ensure all images are the same size, whether they are square or landscape.
- Please note: If images are not the recommended size, they may be cropped or resized for each social platform.
- Instagram Videos: 600×600 px (1:1 aspect ratio) with a maximum length of 60 seconds in .MP4 or .MOV format. *Instagram does not currently support .gifs.
- Facebook Videos: Minimum width of 600px (Landscape aspect ratio: 16:9. Portrait aspect ration 9:16) with a maximum length of 120 minutes in .MP4 or .MOV format. All .gifs must be less than 8MB.
- Twitter Moving Images: 1280x1024px (1:1 aspect ratio) with a maximum length of 140 seconds in .MP4 or .MOV format. Looping .gifs less than 5MB are also supported.