Woodworker/Cabinet Maker, Museumpros Art Services Inc.
Museumpros Art Services Inc invites application from qualified and interested candidates for the position of:
WOODWORKER / CABINET MAKER
Location: Toronto, Keele St. and St. Clair Ave.
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Work week: approx. 40 hours, must be available to work over-time occasionally
Position start date: As soon as possible
Museumpros is Toronto’s premiere art services company serving regional, national and international clients. For 25 years, Museumpros has provided exemplary service and support for private/public institutions, private clients/collectors, art galleries, international art shippers, art fairs, and designers. Museumpros offers local and international art transport, art-handling, installation, storage, fabrication, framing, crating services, and much more.
What our clients are saying:
“I wanted to take a moment to send you an email to say a big thank to the fantastic team … We had a lot on our plate, and they work well with us, following our lead and acting with professionalism, showing their skills”. Evlyne Laurin, Canada Council for the Arts
Candidates must possess a college diploma in woodworking and/or equivalent experience. We are looking for people who are passionate about woodworking, art handling, and customer service. If you have hands on experience in a woodshop, we’d like you to get get in touch to learn more about this opportunity.
- Crate building & packing of artworks
- Fabrication of pedestals / vitrines / casework and custom design work
- Art handling / occasional installation
- Woodshop maintenance
- Heavy lifting required
- College certificate/diploma in cabinet making, woodworking or equivalent work experience
- Good math skills and computer proficiency
- Customer service experience an asset
- Good spoken and written English. 2nd language an asset
- Good listening skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills
- Fork-lift experience is an asset
- Knowledge of the fine art industry, art shipping, installation, construction/renovation skills an asset
- Valid G class driver’s license required
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants that qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Museumpros is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive and healthy work environment. Applications from visible and non-visible minorities, marginalized peoples and indigenous peoples are welcome.