Toronto School of Art – Spring 2019 Courses
TORONTO SCHOOL OF ART (TSA) fosters the inherent capabilities of its students through an education model that revolves around artists teaching artists to help them make their mark.
TSA believes the arts should be accessible to all levels of experience. Whether you’re a working professional or just starting out, TSA offers courses that address all levels of expertise. The only thing our students need to get started is a passion for their craft. Once they have that, our mentors are there to further refine, hone, and cultivate their skills.
TSA is Toronto’s Longest-Running Independent Art School. Enrol in a course and enjoy:
- Small class sizes
- Individual attention and guidance from faculty
- Free Open Studio sessions for current students to work independently outside of class time (contact the office to confirm studio availability)
- Student locker rentals
- Central location at Queen and Bathurst
- 24 Ryerson Avenue will be fully accessible. Current Accessibility Notice
SPRING TERM 2019 | APRIL 15 TO JUNE 29
Choose from over 50 daytime, evening, and Saturday weekly courses in a range of media and specialized techniques taught by a faculty of passionate, practising artists.
Experience the rigorous and supportive studio environment at TSA featuring:
- Life Drawing and Painting
- Digital Arts & Photography
- Figure Sculpture
- Mixed Media
- Fibre Arts
- Youth Art Studio
- Gallery Hop
SPRING TERM COURSES OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
- Painting the Clothed Figure with Gillian Iles
- Digital Drawing and Painting with Brian Burnett
- Acrylic Painting Incubator with Tina Poplawski
EXCLUSIVE SPRING OFFERINGS
- Painting Trees with Celia Neubauer
- Beyond the Flat: The Photograph as Material Object Jessica Thalmann
- 3D Anatomy/Figure Sculpture with Florian Jacot
- City Sketching with Julie Ourceau
- Life Drawing 2: The Body, Clothing and Costume with Thomas Hendry
FOR OUR YOUNG ARTISTS
- Digital Photography for Youth (Ages 13-16) with Tobi Asmoucha
- Fundamentals of Drawing for Youth (Ages 13-16) with Tina Oehmsen-Clark
See all courses here: Spring 2019 Course Calendar
To register, visit tsa-art.com, contact the office, or drop by during office hours for assistance.
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 9AM-7PM | Friday 9AM-5PM | Saturday 9AM-2PM
OPEN LIFE DRAWING AND PAINTING
TSA offers drop-in, uninstructed Open Life Drawing and Painting sessions. No registration necessary, all are welcome. $15 at the door, or purchase a 5-session pass for $60.
- OPEN LIFE DRAWING is held on Mondays 6:30PM-9:30PM and Fridays 6:30PM-9:30PM. OPEN LIFE PAINTING is only held on Fridays, 6:30PM-9:30PM.
SUMMER TERM | JULY 2 TO AUGUST 31
Summer term opens for registration March 29, with SUMMEREARLYBIRD (10% off your base tuition) on until May 17. Summer term has weekly 8 and 6 week classes, 3-day workshops, 1-week intensives, and and week-long youth intensives.
Join our newsletter for more information and the latest details on our creative community, including: faculty exhibitions, festival events, and more.