As the Development Officer, you will report to the administrative office of the Director of the Ryerson Image Centre. You will administer a portfolio of donors and prospects at giving levels under $25,000 and assist the Director of the Ryerson Image Centre and Director of Development with a portfolio of donors and prospects over $25,000. This includes all matters related to donor relations and stewardship of prospects and donors in support of exhibitions, research, collections and administration. You will also conduct research and analysis to support prospect management activities. In addition, the Development Officer plans and coordinates logistics for special events including budget administration. The successful candidate also assists with grant applications and fundraising proposals and activities, to include prospect research, communications, proposal submissions, and preparation for donor meetings.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level and prospective major gift donors ($1K-$25K); track donor activity in database system and records management for efficient storage and retrieval of data, information and files.
- Assist the Director of the RIC and the Director of Development with fundraising and stewardship activities for donors and prospects over $25,000.
- Work with the appropriate Ryerson staff with regard to gift administration, research, writing and editing proposals, recognition and stewardship.
- Using prospect identification, research and qualification processes, generate prospects and implement strategies that drive mid-level giving.
- Ensure implementation of donor cultivation, acknowledgement and stewardship plans and strategies.
- Conduct donor stewardship including personalized telephone calls, thank you letters, personalized cards, tour invitations, face-to-face meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Ryerson Image Centre
- Operate within the culture and core values of the organization.
Knowledge and Skills Requirement
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program in marketing management, museum studies, collections management, art history or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience, to include donor relations planning, preferably within a post-secondary or cultural institution.
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, especially face-to-face solicitations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and very strong person to person relationship-building and stewardship skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands. Exemplary attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise confidentiality, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Reports To: Director, Ryerson Image Centre
Vacancy Type: TERM
Employee Group: OPSEU
Start Date: August 5, 2019
End Date: August 5, 2021
Hours of Work: 36.25
Grade and Step: 12
Salary Scale: $68,516.02 – $86,794.06
As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
Application Deadline: June 24, 2019
Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson’s career site – Job ID 344365