Neutral Ground is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator
About Neutral Ground
Located in Treaty 4 Territory/Regina Neutral Ground is a not-for-profit charitable artist-run-centre that presents contemporary visual and media art. Neutral Ground has supported experimental practices of emerging and mid-career artists since 1982. Neutral Ground is committed to equitable hiring practices that reflect our diverse communities.
Summary of Position
As an artist-run-centre Neutral Ground is committed to supporting the employment of artists. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who are emerging arts professionals. A training, mentorship, and professional development plan will be tailored to the successful candidate in consultation with the Board.
As directed by the Board, the Administrative Coordinator works with the Programming Coordinator within a non-hierarchical framework to manage all aspects of the gallery’s daily operations. The position is full-time: 35 hours/week with some evenings and weekends. Salary is $32,000 per year during the 12-week probationary period, $35,000 thereafter (contract renewable annually) plus a portion of health benefits and 5 weeks paid vacation.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial oversight of Neutral Ground. Financial oversight includes working with the bookkeeper and board to prepare, monitor, and report on budgets. The Administrative Coordinator develops grant applications in collaboration with the Programming Coordinator. Operational oversight includes maintaining organizational documents, managing membership, and facilities management.
Additional duties include maintaining regular office and gallery hours, fostering interactions with gallery visitors, staffing events and activities, and assisting with the duties of the Programming Coordinator, where necessary, and to cover absences.
The full job description can be found here.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow Staff, Volunteers, and Board Members;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of financial management;
- Experience working or volunteering with artist-run-centres, galleries, and/or non-profit organizations;
- Degree in fine arts, art history, arts administration, or equivalent experience;
- Strong interest in Contemporary Canadian visual and media arts;
- Knowledge and respect for diverse points of view and the ability to facilitate productive exchange;
- Office skills including file management, working in a Mac environment, working with
- Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software, and working with web tools for group emailing, website updating, and social media.
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: April 22, 2019
Job Start Date: June 25, 2019
Please submit the following by email with the subject line “Administrative Coordinator Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter indicating your interest and experience working in artist-run-culture, your administrative experience, and your capacity to meet the listed job duties;
- The names and contact information for three references who can speak directly to the required job competencies.