Director of Public Programs
Director of Public Programs (4 days a week, 28 hours)
The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is seeking an innovative and energetic professional to lead the Public Programs department at the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery. Key programming areas within this department are:
- Public programs, including interpretive planning for exhibitions, family programs, adult enrichment programs, and studio programs for learners of all ages
- School-based programs, including programs for students grades K-12 and teachers
- Community arts projects, including developing networks and relationships with local groups and organizations
- Curation and organization of an annual student art exhibition, Expressions
- Preparation and management of the departmental budget and shared responsibility for achieving Gallery budget goals
The successful candidate will have a degree specializing in the arts, knowledge of contemporary art, art history and current approaches to interpretation and learning in gallery/museum settings, and at least 5 years related experience, (at least 3 years’ experience in a management role)
Please visit https://kwag.ca/content/employment-opportunities for a detailed job description.
Send a resume and cover letter by Monday, May 24, 2019 at 5:00 pm to:
Shelly Mitchell, Director of Finance & Administration
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery
101 Queen Street North, Kitchener, ON N2H 6P7
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.