Call for Submissions: Thirteenth Annual Contemporary Art Juried Exhibition
Thirteenth Annual Contemporary Art Juried Exhibition.
Presented by the Contemporary Art Exhibition Committee.
Deadline for digital submission coming soon: February 26th, 2020
Please read the Call for Submissions fully for more details.
This year’s theme is “Eco-Env-Art”:
Humanity is part of nature. We enjoy the privilege, as a species, to be able to transform everything around us. This Call to Artists is intended to create an awareness of our capacity to change our environment in ways that negatively influences the ecosystem, of our ability to restore it, and to possibly create a better place for us to live. It is our crucial obligation to change our ways to improve the environmental conditions on the planet for future generations.
Your art project(s) should convey the idea of environmental change, restoration, social engagement, and political or social actions that would influence the ecosystem.
This call is not exclusive to participants from the Kirkland Lake area. All National and International artists are eligible for submissions. All disciplines are welcome.
Categories & Rules of Entry:
- All entries are submitted digitally for the jurying. See the Call for Submissions listed above for details (entry form and selection process).
- 2 dimensional work – maximum dimensions 60 inches x 60 inches in size (including frame) and a maximum weight of fifteen pounds for wall art.
- 3 dimensional work must be able to fit through a regular single doorway (32 inches wide)
- Performance & Videos (Music, Storytelling, Dance, Theatre) – no longer than 5 minutes not including credits.
- An artist may submit a maximum of TWO entries per category (2D works, 3D works, Performance and Video). All work must be original, created by the entrant, not older than two years and not previously shown at the Museum of Northern History.
- All 2D & 3D works must be properly wired and prepared for hanging/displaying.
Should an artist choose to sell their works, a 25% commission is deducted from the sale price.
Exhibition & Awards:
The Juried Exhibition will be held from April 3rd to April 28th with the Opening Ceremony and Artist Talk to be held on Saturday, April 4th from 1pm-3 pm. A maximum of three awards of excellence will be given as deemed by the jurors (listed in Call for Submissions).
How to Apply:
Artists should submit the Call for Submissions (listed above), entry form(s) & digital entries by February 26th, 2020:
- Digital & video images about 1 MB in size and readable on a PC must be submitted to:
Museum of Northern History
2 Chateau Drive, P.0. Box 1757
Kirkland Lake, ON
- Entries must include a descriptive paragraph on the work.
A current bio and C.V. (may be submitted by email)
Museum of Northern History
2 Chateau Drive, P.O. Box 1148
Kirkland Lake, Ontario
Make sure to follow the Contemporary Art Committee on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for reminders on upcoming events, workshops and exhibitions.