Call for Submissions: Analog Wall to Wall
Propeller Art Gallery’s
Open Call for Submissions
Deadline: Wednesday, April 1st, 11 pm
Submission Fee: $50 CDN (inclusive of HST) for three submitted works
Analog Wall to Wall:
a celebration of alternative photographic processes
In a world of digital image proliferation, join Propeller Art Gallery in a celebration of hand-made photographic prints. This exhibition will be part of the 2020 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival presented May 6 – 17, 2020 @ Propeller Art Gallery, 30 Abell St., Toronto. propellerartgallery.ca
Through physical intervention, artists guide the process of photographic printmaking in order to achieve an aesthetic that is a fusion of artistic intent and physical process. These works not only speak to the artists’ passion for photography but also to that of process manipulation and uncertainty, all of which become evident in the completed works.
We accept all hand-produced analog photographic processes including but not limited to: albumen, salt print, anthotype, argyrotype, bromoil, chromo, carbon, cyanotype, gum bichromate, casein, photogravure, polymer-photogravure, silver-gelatin, platinum/palladium, van dyke brown, wet plate collodion (tintype), solarplate, zoneplate, ziatype, kallitype, mordançage… Two and three-dimensional works on paper, wood, metal, fabric etc… are allowed in addition to hand transfers/lifts of analog film and analog photo emulsion. Analog or digital negatives can be used in the intermediate print development process however, digitally produced ink-jet, c-print, or silver-bromide are not acceptable as a wholly submitted final work.
Works accepted will be based on a jury selection process and curated by Frances Patella, Peter Friedrichsen and Tom Taylor. You will be notified by email of the curator’s decision.
- Name, address, email, artist statement, and phone number
- Maximum of three artworks submitted (high-quality jpegs no larger than 2000 pixels on the longest edge @72dpi)
- Submission Fee: $50 CDN (inclusive of HST) for three submitted works to be paid via PayPal
- Artwork should be ready to hang. Drop-off of selected works May 3, 6- 7 pm & May 4, 10 am – 12 pm.
- For 3-dimensional works, several uncovered pedestals are available. Contact us for more information
- You agree to allow us to use your submission material, without compensation, in any catalogue/publication of this exhibition