Call for Proposals: Slate Installations for 2020 DesignTO Festival
Call for Proposals
Slate Installations for DesignTO Festival • January 17 – 26, 2020
5pm, Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Slate Asset Management is seeking proposals for our participation the 2020 DesignTO Festival – the largest cultural celebration of design in Canada with over 100 exhibitions and events forming Toronto’s design week. Slate welcomes visual artists, sculptors, designers, architects, and others to submit proposals of all mediums. Slate is seeking medium to large-scale pieces to be displayed in the installation exhibit areas.
10 days • January 17 – 26, 2020
- 2 St. Clair W, Lobby – 1 piece
- 55 St. Clair W – 1 piece
- The Delisle Space, Event Space – 1 piece
- 40 St. Clair W – 1 piece
Artists will receive a $2,500 budget per installation piece (includes artist fee and the cost of supplies/materials) to support the production of their piece. If you are submitting existing pieces, the budget is still valid. A brief artist bio will be displayed with the works.
TO NOTE: Applicants can submit proposal for multiple exhibit areas, however, it is not guaranteed that the panel will select all works together. The panel may only select 1 of your submitted pieces.
- Artists are responsible for arranging their own General Liability Insurance
- Submit pieces separate and specifically for each installation area
- Pieces must fill all spaces appropriately
- Artists retain ownership of their work after the exhibition period
- Large scale pieces are strongly encouraged
- Artist must handle all associated costs for installation and de-installation
- Preference may be given to hanging installations for 2 St. Clair W
This program is only open to artists in the Toronto and Greater Toronto Area.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the installation exhibit locations. Office lobbies are open to the public Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
Please contact Jessica.Myers@colliers.com for lockbox details to tour The Delisle Space.
September 3, 2019 – Proposals due
September 8, 2019 – Artist is selected
January 15-16, 2020 – Installation period
January 26, 2020 – Last day of exhibit
Proposal Package Requirements
* To be delivered via DropBox to email@example.com // Subject line: DesignTO Festival – Slate Proposal
- Cover Letter: including your name, telephone number, email, project title, and 100-word artist bio.
- Proposal and Budget: renderings/sketches of the proposed pieces. If the pieces are already produced, dimensions and high-resolution photos of the works are required.
- Current Resume: include prior relevant education, work experience, exhibition history, and awards.