Call for Artists: 1 St. Clair E – Rotating Art Program
Call for Artists 1 St. Clair E – Rotating Art Program
Deadline: 5pm, November 4th, 2019
Project Slate Asset Management is seeking proposals for a rotating public art gallery/exhibit that will animate the lobby of 1 St. Clair E in the Yonge + St. Clair community. Slate welcomes fine artists, photographers, visual artists, sculptors, mixed-medium artists and others to submit proposals of all mediums. Slate is seeking medium to large-scale pieces to be displayed on one wall in the lobby. Slate’s rotating art program will occur two times a year.
Programming Slate will select one artist to exhibit their work in the lobby of 1 St. Clair E from December 2019 – June 2020 (6-month period).
Budget Artists will receive a $3,000 budget (includes the cost of supplies/materials) to support their pieces. *If you are submitting existing pieces, the budget is still valid. A brief artist bio will be displayed with the works.
- Pieces must fill wall appropriately
- Pieces can be exhibited with option for sale at the end of the term
- Fine art pieces do not have to be framed, but the panel welcome framed pieces also
- Originality (large scale pieces are encouraged)
- Artist must handle any associated costs for installation and de-installation
This program is only open to artists in the Toronto and Greater Toronto Area.
Site & Audience
Applicants are encouraged to visit the location and see the walls. Artworks will be on display free of charge to visitors. Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm.
November 4th, 2019 – Proposals Due
November 8th, 2019 – Artist is selected
November 30th, 2019 – Pieces installation
June 1st, 2020 – Exhibit ends
- Cover Letter: including your name, telephone number, email, project title, and 100-word artist bio.
- Proposal and Budget: renderings/sketches of the proposed pieces. If the pieces are already produced, dimensions and high-resolution photos of the works are required.
- Current Resume: include prior relevant education, work experience, exhibition history, and awards.
* To be delivered via DropBox or USB drive to email@example.com // Subject line: 1 St. Clair E – Rotating Art Program
1 St. Clair E Lobby – Wall 1 Dimensions – W 254″ x H 155″