Call for Membership Applications at the Ontario Society of Artists
Apply for Membership
2020 Applications Are Open until October 7, 2019
The Ontario Society of Artists – the oldest continuing arts organization in the province – invites you to apply for membership. Membership is open to all professional artists currently living in Ontario. Join now to be a part of the OSA as it celebrates its 150th anniversary with additional exhibitions and events!
Applications will be evaluated through a membership-wide jury process.
We accept artists working in a wide variety of disciplines including oil, acrylic, charcoal, pencil, pastel, mixed media, fibre arts, photography, digital, sculpture, video and moving images, installation/performance collage, assemblage, other.
The details of the application process which closes on October 7, 2019 are on our web site: http://ontariosocietyofartists.org/membership/apply-for-membership/
- Application Deadline: October 7, 2019
- Application Fee: $45.00
- Method of Payment: PayPal on the entry form (Tip: with this method, you can pay by credit card as well).
- Notification: by December 15, 2019
- Notification method: Accepted applicants will be notified by email and invited to join the OSA.
- Annual Membership fees: $125.00, due January 1, 2020.
- The decision of the New Members Selection Committee and the OSA membership is final.
- Fulfillment of Intent
- Inherent Meaning
- Artistry in composition and design
- Excellence and Skill in the chosen medium(s)
- Consistency in subject matter, style and medium
- Professionalism, including the presentation of the application itself.
All applicants are expected to be able to navigate basic digital processes including creating and uploading photographs of their work and properly labelling and submitting work according to the instructions.
The OSA uses an online submission process called EntryThingy. Please go to our website to follow the instructions.
You will be asked to upload the following:
ONE PDF DOCUMENT containing the information below and in order: (We suggest you copy and paste this and fill in the blanks.)
- A list of the 15 works you will be submitting with the following details in this exact format: (Please note that the first five images listed will make up your list of preferred images for the final jurying.)
- Size (the unframed dimensions of your work, height by width, and in inches) and
- Year Completed
- A complete list of all exhibitions, trade shows or other places, websites or publications your work has appeared in over the last five years. The list should be written in order by year, starting with 2019, and then going back through 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015.
- A complete list of social media platforms that display your work, if any. Please include your social media handles.
- A complete list of online sales platforms selling your work, if any. Please include links.
- A statement indicating all professional representation with art agents or art galleries who represent your work anywhere in the world, if any.
- A professional Artist Statement of Intent. Avoid talking about inspiration and focus instead on process and outcome.
- C.V. including educational and relevant work and volunteer background
- Indicate if you are willing to donate volunteer hours to the OSA. If so, suggest whether you would like to help run events or work behind the scenes on the computer. The answers to this question will have no bearing on your application.
How To Apply
The deadline for the 2020 OSA New Membership Applications is October 7, 2019.
To begin, please find the application process on our OSA website at:
NB. Applicants should include e-copy/printed copy of payment receipt with their online application.
If you wish advice or assistance as you prepare to apply, OSA Vice President, Kim Atkins (email@example.com) will be happy to answer any questions.