Call for Submissions: The Ontario Miniature Print Exhibition (TOMPE2020)
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Print London Presents:
Print London invites Ontario-based professional artists to submit up to 4 miniature prints for a juried exhibition to be held at Satellite Project Space in London, Ontario from June 10 to June 27, 2020. Awards will be given at an opening reception to be held on Saturday, June 13 from 5 – 8 p.m. The winner of the First Prize will be invited to present an artist talk at a later date.
There will be a panel of three jurors:
Helen Gregory, Curator, McIntosh Gallery
Libby Hague, Independent Artist
Andrew Kear, Head of Collections, Exhibitions and Programs, Museum London
Submissions must include the following:
- Up to 4 prints in any printmaking medium or combination of mediums (relief, etching, lithography, silkscreen, digital, 3D prints)
- Prints should have been completed after May 2017
- The support / paper size must not exceed 8 x 8 inches (20 x 20 cm); for 3D prints, the dimensions must not exceed 8 x 8 x 8 inches (20 x 20 x 20 cm)
- Each print submitted should have the artist’s name clearly written in pencil on the back, along with an arrow indicating the top of the image
- A printed label should be included for each image (please print the labels from the PDF provided, fill them out, and attach one to each print submitted)
- Please place each print in an 8 1/2 x 11 inch (21.5 x 28 cm) plastic sleeve with binder holes; for 3D print submissions, please contact Print London for individual instructions
- Prints must not be matted or framed
- Please visit printlondon.ca/submissions/ for entry forms, labels, payment options, and packing instructions
An entry fee of $35.00 is payable online with your digital entry form (PayPal or eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Jury will select prints to be exhibited and prize winners. Artists will be notified of the Jury’s decision via email and artists with no prints selected for exhibition will have their work returned as soon as possible.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is important to Print London. We encourage submissions from artists who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities, as well as new generation artists.
Deadline: May 1, 2020 (postmark)
Mail your print submissions along with a completed entry form to:
Print London (TOMPE2020)
c/o Museum London
Attn: Brian Meehan, Executive Director
421 Ridout Street North
London, Ontario N6A 5H4
Please direct inquiries to: