Call for Artists: 2 St. Clair W – Rotating Art Program
5pm, May 10th, 2019
Slate Asset Management is seeking proposals for a rotating public art gallery/exhibit that will animate the lobby of 2 St. Clair West in the Yonge + St. Clair community. Slate welcomes fine artists, photographers, visual artists, sculptors, mixed-medium artists and others to submit proposals of all mediums. Slate is seeking medium to large-scale pieces to be displayed on two walls in the lobby. Slate’s rotating art program will occur two times a year.
Slate will select one artist to exhibit their work (2 pieces or option to do multiple smaller pieces on Wall 2 if requested) in the lobby of 2 St. Clair West from June 2019 – December 2019 (6-month period).
Artists will receive a $3,000 grant (includes the cost of supplies/materials) to support their pieces and framing. *If you are submitting existing pieces, the grant is still valid. A brief artist bio will be displayed with the works.
- Pieces must fill both walls appropriately
- Wall 1: 40×60 inches; Wall 2: 16.5 x 10.1 ft
- Pieces can be exhibited with option for sale at the end of the term
- Fine art pieces must be framed
- Originality (large scale pieces are encouraged)
- Artist must handle any associated costs for installation and de-installation
This program is only open to artists in the Toronto and Greater Toronto Area.
Site & Audience
Applicants are encouraged to visit the location and see the walls. Artworks will be on display free of charge to visitors. Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm.
May 10, 2019 – Proposals Due
May 13, 2019 – Artist is selected
June 3, 2019 – Pieces installation
December 1, 2019 – Exhibit ends
- Cover Letter: including your name, telephone number, email, project title, and 100-word artist bio.
- Proposal and Budget: renderings/sketches of the proposed pieces. If the pieces are already produced, dimensions and high-resolution photos of the works are required.
- Current Resume: include prior relevant education, work experience, exhibition history, and awards.
* To be delivered via DropBox or USB drive to firstname.lastname@example.org // Subject line: 2 St. Clair W – Rotating Art Program